Sunday, August 26, 2007

Family Reunion - July 2007

Every 3 years, our family gathers somewhere in the US, organized by one of the "branches" of the family and paid for by the family corporation. We've been doing these reunions since I was... 10, I think?! Yikes!
This year, I think there were 107 of us gathered in West Virginia at Pipestem Resort & State Park. What sweet memories we made!

My Gommie (on the left) with her 4 siblings. Uncle Robert (seated) turned 94 during the reunion! The youngest in Uncle Ralph who is 81. We're so grateful that all 5 siblings could be with us!

(photo credit: Shawn lancaster)
On "shirt" night, each leg of the family took a group photo. This is our family!
All in attendance except Linda & Laurie.

The deer were all around our cabin, not afraid of us at all!

Ellie and Issachar

The Bingo Waltz - crazy game thought up by Brian.

Our horseback riding trail ride was quite slippery after all the rain! Here is Em with her horse Fern.

As always, Zerlin (aka Dickie) WOWed us all, young and old, with his wonderful magic show. Emily was chosen to be his helper (which when I was a kid, I remember always hoping that I would be chosen!)

Late night french fry runs with the cousins.

A cool gondola ride thru' the WV mountains

A deer coming to check out what Cassidy was doing.

Zander

Cass and Kai

(photo credit: Cindy Thompson)
I'm so grateful for my family! I can't imagine life with out these 5 people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh!!! You're so sneaky! You posted and didn't tell me! :) I guess I'm going to have to check more regularly now, huh? :) great pics... what awesome memories!

:) rach